Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Paci Give Away

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. But David and I were very PROUD parents this weekend (October 18, 2008 - Luke 2 years, 4 months). Luke gave his very beloved paci to Natalie (Krystyn and Matt's new baby daughter). We had been talking about him giving it to a new baby that needed it and that he was a big boy who didn't need it any longer. Well, the opportunity came and I held my breath and tried it.

Saturday, we took our friends dinner and gifts. Luke wrapped up his paci to gave to Izzy's new sister. He took it over to Natalie's swing and placed it in there with her. He didn't complain or anything. So, the question was what would he do when we got home....

When he was getting ready for bed, we had a present waiting for him to show how proud mommy and daddy was of him. He was very excited to get a Handy Manny book, Thomas workbooks (alphabet and counting) with a carrying case and an Elmo potty training workbook. The case is his work case that he keeps his three workbooks and Thomas flashcards. That night he had to sleep with it. It was business as usual...a very restful night.

The next morning, he asked about paci, but that was it. Naptime and night time was fine. He did ask for "mommy to cover Luke" an extra time, but that was it!! Yahoo. I can breath now. I was very worried about losing sleep.

I am truly amazed at him giving his paci away willingly (with encouragement, but no tantrums). He didn't know he would get a surprise, so that was just a bonus. I'm not sure I would give mine away so easily.

Yeah Luke!! Mom and Dad love him so much. He is a sweet, sweet boy.

Luke is now very into his work case (like Daddy's) and sitting at the table to do his work. Every time he tries a page, he gets to place a special sticker on the page.

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Yay, Luke. I'm so glad it went well. I asked Matt if you mentioned it Sunday and he told me there were no problems. Yay! What a big boy.

On a side note, both Matt and I noticed after Izzy sees Luke she sounds more and more like him and uses his phrases. It's too cute.