Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Swim Lessons

Luke had his first big boy swim lessons this summer. I signed him up with his friend Dillon. We took them to a lady's pool in a nearby neighborhood for the month of June on Tuesday's and Thursday's.
I signed him up for lessons, so I would feel more comfortable taking Luke and Cassidy to the pool by myself this summer.

First look at the pool. Here we go!
On the steps, 'Miss' Marci is giving us instructions. She tells us to stay on the step until it is our turn. We learn to stick our head in the water and look for the rings. She says to not swallow the water and blow bubbles.Luke's turn. 'Miss' Marci started with the kickboard to practice the kicks.Dillon's first turn.Go Luke and Dillon!! ...I want to go too.Coming up from looking for rings. I'm fixing the ring that I pulled apart.

And why am I still here????

Are these little angels or what?

Luke swimming after 3 lessons! Luke really took to the lessons and loved it.
I'm sad. This is the last day of swim lessons.

On his last day, I took a video of Luke sliding down the slide and going straight to swimming. At the end of each lessons they got to go down the slide two times each. Luke loved it. He said that was his favorite part of the lessons (most of the time).


1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those look like great lessons..Izzy won't even put her head under water.